Dedication...

Dedication...

Since the Internet has made writing a common phenomenon and T.V. channels acting, dance and singing in the form of realty shows, I have fe...

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Third-post

“I have many answers but only one question -- Is the question right?”

While watching “Tamasha” (a Hindi movie), few questions which intrigued me, popped up once again.

As a fresher, there are few definite questions which you have to face in the job interviews.

The first one – “Tell me something about yourself.”

Actually, I could not find the right answer for it after so many years. But one thing I am sure about it is that this is the best question to test if a person can handle a client or not. In simple language, whether you are a human psychology genius or not!

In my point of view the question or statement should be – tell me something about yourself that I want to know. Now this will provide a chance to candidate to confirm exactly what do you want to know about me rather than making wild guess and falling apart.

Another most common question is – “How much salary do you expect?”

Really! Do you want to know my expectations or just want to know whether you can afford me or not. Whatever salary I will quote, you will try to negotiate it down. Even if I quote a salary low below your expectations so you could afford me, you will start doubting my credibility.

The third one is my favorite – “Where do you see yourself after 5 years (or 10 years) from now?”

Seriously, you want to know my actual plans whatever they are! I myself do not know my plans for next few days. In case I tell you about my ‘dreams’, you will start judging me on the parameters of optimism and pessimism about which I doubt you yourself are clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment